It sounds like you experienced dissociation. Going away from keyboard is actually one of the best descriptions I’ve heard of dissociation! It can cause memory loss known as dissociative amnesia.
I would recommend speaking to your doctor about this, but it is a possible symptom of bipolar. Here are some resources:
- Mental Help A site that has basic information, resources, articles, and a list of books that might be helpful.
- This is a post that explains dissociation in a little more detail.
- Dissociative initiative also has some great information and resources.
- Here are some exercises you can do that helps to keep you in the present grounding techniques. Mental grounding exercises. Physical grounding exercises. Soothing grounding exercises.
- This site gives some great strategies you can follow to help manage Dissociation.
- Psychology Today has lots of info on dissociation & understanding it
- AboutHealth tell you about coping with flashbacks
- Reality Journal
Best of luck.